Friday

Redvers

Today would mark my one week being away from home, and although I've been away from home a lot of times that it would make no significance for me to write this one down, this one is different. This time I'm more that 5 thousand miles away from home. I'm sitting here on a Sunday morning overseeing the broad land of a small yet friendly town of Redvers, writing this blog, while my friends and family are already deep asleep, preparing for a busy Monday.

Six months ago I would never thought I would be here. Yes I took a job,my first real job (besides my internship with an advertising company) and I guess I was quite blessed that even though my pay was average, or maybe below average, I had good friends to work with, and I never felt like I had to struggle between work and study. And while most of my friends splurge their paycheck on lavish food and shoes and drinks, I had mine kept. I cook so that I don't have to use my money for food. I guess you could call me a cheapskate, but I badly wanted to go to Canada and I always get what I want, no matter what it takes. And come on, I don't think I need a new pair of branded sneakers that I would only wear a couple of times just to fit in and impress the people that I don't even really like, I might as well just save up for this trip. I'd always just travel over materials, anytime.

A woman I met on my flight from Vancouver to Regina told me, "the last wait is always the longest." Oh I get what she meant. My seat was the last and I had to wait for everyone to go out, I guess it took them a mere 10 minutes, but it felt like forever, and when I finally get to go, I was so excited that if it was up to me and if no one was looking, I would've just run and give him a tight hug and not let go. At all. But I wouldn't do that because I would look like a spastic, and I badly needed to use the washroom. I did hug him though, for the first few minutes it kinda felt surreal watching him waiting for me as I went down the elevator. Okay, well this few lines might sound lame along with some other stuff that I might say, but screw it, its my blog, and I finally get to see him after almost half a year, if any, I deserve to be excited. And the torture of flying 30 hours, gone. It felt good to be in his arm, to just cuddle there on the sofa watching the series from his grandpa's vintage tv. Somehow, 8000 miles away in a land where I absolutely am new to, he managed to make me feel at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment